Wake Up and Smell Eight Strategies for Crafting a Coffee Experience
Coffee, java, joe, mud—whatever you want to call it, you’re in the minority if it’s not part of your intake these days. For many coffee lovers, this comes as no surprise—latte art has evolved from simple heart shapes to masterful recreations of artworks like van Gogh’s The Starry Night, there’s an entire festival dedicated to coffee, and cars and coffee events continue to see an uptick.
What’s more, according to the National Coffee Association’s 2017 National Coffee Drinking Trends report, there has been an overall increase in coffee consumption by consumers of all ages, especially in regards to “gourmet” varieties. Event marketers, of course, have embraced the trend, activating events that tap into coffee culture and treating the beverage not as an add-on, but as the star of the activation. Following is a look at how eight brands, from coffee roasting companies to luxury hotels, are brewing standout coffee experiences.
- It’s not always easy to find a decent cup of coffee, but for attendees of illy’s New York City Wine & Food Festival activation (Oct. 12-15), nothing could be further from the truth. The Italian… LOGIN Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to login. Forgot Password?
- If there’s one thing the world can agree on, it’s that coffee is worth celebrating. And for luxury hotel brand Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts, whose 100-plus properties each boast a coffee “Hub,”… LOGIN Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to login. Forgot Password?
- For consumers who’ve grown tired of the long lines, complicated menus and pretentious baristas associated with modern cafés, a new kind of coffee shop experience has arrived: the NESCAFÉ Coffee Taproom.
- Kicking it old-school style, High Brew Cold Brew Coffee is taking a refurbished 1952 GMC coach bus across the country this summer to introduce and sample its ready-to-drink cold brew coffee to millennial… LOGIN Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to login. Forgot Password?
- The majority of consumers don’t know that biodiesel made from used coffee grounds is comparable to the best biodiesels on the market. In an effort to spread the word, The Economist in April and May took its “mind-stretching journalism” to the streets.
- To drive trial of its new Infusions line—coffee infused with ingredients to help you stay “alert” or “relax”—Eight O’Clock Coffee has launched an eight-week, 10-market sampling tour featuring a brightly-colored coffee truck.
- To generate viewership for its revival of the cult classic “Gilmore Girls,” Netflix on Oct. 5 transformed more than 200 local coffee shops across the country into Luke’s Diner, the fictional… LOGIN Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to login. Forgot Password?
- New England Coffee is celebrating 100 years in business with a yearlong Extraordinary People campaign that pays homage to its food service customers and consumers and raises awareness of the brand. A #YouAreExtraordinary… LOGIN Please contact [email protected] if you are unable to login. Forgot Password?